- Over-all length - 20 inches
- Blade length - 12 1/4 inches
- Blade width - 2 7/8 inch at the clip. 2 1/2 inches at the choil.
- Handle material - Select figured Elk stag with Brass guard and large crown pommel. Brass, leather, and red linen spacers
- Sheath - 2-piece formed black Kydex with brass eyelets and belt loop
- Weight - 3 pounds and 2 ounces with sheath
- Price: $625.00 plus $25.00 shipping
Moon over the Mississippi Custom Bowie with Large Crown Elk Stag Handle and Brass guard
A magnificent extra large Bowie knife in the MMHW tradition of excellence. Weighs in at over 3 pounds. 5160 steel with a fine deep hollow grind and 4 1/2 inch ground but not sharpened clip/false edge. One of only a few art knives produced by MMHW. One of a kind. This is a real working knife made with the same materials and craftsmanship as all MMHW knives. Nicknamed in the shop and it stuck.
This knife features some excellent metalwork consisting of inlet/swaged solid brass pins in the spine and filed beveled notches to match plus a really nice sculpted double guard. Great display piece.
Select one piece stalk handle is a full 5 inches around and 7 inches long with a really fine crown 3 inches across. Will fit a very large hand. 3/8 inch thick sculpted double brass guard 4 3/4 inches long and 1 3/8 inches wide. Hand hammered single brass pin. Multiple sets of brass, leather, and red linen spacers complete the handle.